Sunday 4 September 2022

Провиденсовские tutti quanti: Ч. 8 (The Armitage Symposium: Day 3; the Grand Finale; En)

So, on the morning panel, “Comparative Studies [in Lovecraftiana]” yours truly delivered a talk, “The Mystery of the Threshold as a Parable of Horror in Works of Leonid Andreyev and H. P. Lovecraft.” As the presentation suddenly froze on the conference computer in the middle of my talk, things got somewhat volatile yet gave me a unique opportunity to improvise without the visual material, and so I did. Surprisingly, it went well enough, and I received some great questions from the lovely audience, which I appreciate dearly.
My next round table panel of the day was “The Weird Has Always Been Female: The women’s canon of weird fiction,”
where we discussed the women founders and pioneers of weird fiction who have been there since the beginning of the genre, sometimes sidelined, sometimes writing under pseudonyms, sometimes celebrated. We were trying to trace the history of the weird women who shaped the genre, in order to identify those who were overlooked or forgotten, and discussed the influence of women writers from Mary Shelley to the modern era. Thanks to the amazing moderator, Ann VanderMeer, and my marvellous co-hosts, Christa Carmen, Nicole Givens Kurtz, Zin E. Rocklyn, and Leslie S. Klinger, who made it utterly incredible!



No comments :

Post a Comment