Sunday 29 November 2020

Main word of the year (En)

My main word of the year? Actually, two of them. “Fed up.”
I am fed up with:
1. Covid and everything related.
2. Self-isolation. Man, I swear to God, I love my house, but I’d be happy to bugger off somewhere else for at least a week. Cromer was bliss: I am forever thankful for an opportunity to escape the same bloody routine for a few days.
3. Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and other online messengers, which are supposed to be helpful, but drain your energy like crazy.
4. Inability to interact with people on a regular basis. And if an introvert like me is talking about this, things are that bad.
5. Wearing baggy clothing and minimal makeup all the freaking time.
6. Plies of books that I must read, but cannot finish.
7. Deadlines.
8. Procrastination.
9. Social media and its hype, loudness, sensationalism, and online brawls, which are happening in the middle of nowhere. Going cold turkey seems more and more like a good idea.
10. Constant feeling of anxiety for your loved ones.
11. Ongoing dissatisfaction with your professional achievements (i.e. failures).
12. Everything else.

No comments :

Post a Comment