Monday 15 June 2020

Хроники самоизоляции: Инвизилайн еще не закончился (Лытдыбр: En)

Ok, so I got my first dental appointment for the Invisalign treatment in 12 weeks. Prior to that, I was offered a special app with a barcode, which should’ve been activated after you fill in three forms about your health conditions and history of chronic illnesses if you have one (reminded me of the registration in the NHS system a while back).
I did the whole thing, got the barcode and appeared in front of my dental surgery in time. The problem was that the code didn’t work, and I called the reception: I was told that I passed the system and they invited me in.
Well, what could I say: sanitiser, checking my temperature (I was wearing a mask, of course), all people inside the surgery, the receptionist included, wearing PPE, which hugely resembles cosmonauts’ spacesuits.
The appointment itself was somewhat quick: my doctor checked my teeth thoroughly, but said that they cannot operate normally yet due to further restrictions, and the final stage of my treatment has been postponed until July.
It’s a bit of a shame that it’ll take more than a year, but what can we do... Apparently, only wait.
While coming back, I got a text from my hairdresser, who told me that she didn’t work with her salon anymore (I believe it didn’t survive the lockdown), but she moved to another place and will offer me an appointment in the beginning of July, which would be lovely.
So, I’m having quite mixed feelings at the moment: it seems, things are indeed shifting, but nobody seems to know towards which scenario exactly.

No comments :

Post a Comment