Monday 17 May 2021

Commedia dell’arte on the walls (En)

When three years ago I was buying a few posters and cards at “Signum Firenze,” which is (still, I hope) located on Lungarno degli Archibusieri near Ponte Vecchio, I kept in mind that I might use them as the best ever reminders of our visit to Florence. And so I did: an Art Deco poster “Firenze” was put on the corridor wall, while Pinocchio and La Fata dai Capelli Turchini found their forever home in L.’s home office.
But several others had been left aside for the best time, and today it has finally come: all the Commedia dell’arte characters, Arleguine and Arlechino, Polliciniella and Brighella, were framed and went to the front room; all my original gouache paintings from St Petersburg now hang together for good.




No comments :

Post a Comment