Thursday 27 July 2023

More prints on the walls: celebrating Norfolk Day (En)

To celebrate Norfolk Day, I put more Cromer prints on the walls:
• “Cromer Pier” by Susanne Lakin, a local artist from North Walsham—an outstanding work using collage technique, which I absolutely adore;
• “Cromer front,” a b/w graphic print by another Norfolk artist, Robert Downie (Hotel de Paris, the Bath House and the slope down to the Promenade): it’s found its place next to Robert Gay’s work, “The Gangway, Cromer” (another beloved spot in the town, located very close to our hotel), which I bought last year together with two Edwardian photos of the East Cliff and the Pier (circa 1910).
L. chuckled that I had converted the wall into a Cromer shrine, which is kinda true, I guess.
Oh, and also a puffin: although they aren’t local to North Norfolk (at least, not to my knowledge: if I remember correctly, you can find them around North Berwick, for example), I fetched this figurine on the day of our departure, completing our 2023 stay in Cromer.




No comments :

Post a Comment