Sunday 20 September 2020

Л. 65 (En)

Today is the birthday of the most wonderful, wittiest, kindest, and silliest man in the whole world. Sometimes I still can’t believe that I met him so casually, because it’s not easy to come across a true angel in the real world.
His sharp mind never ceases to amaze me: I know that his students, postdocs and colleagues truly love him and respect him a lot. He is the kind of supervisor you have always dreamt of having: very patient, attentive to the most scrupulous details in your papers, albeit soft and protective. I know that in these tough times his students can always fully rely on him and ask him whatever advice they need.
His modesty is as immense as his incredible scientific mind: he would never mention anything about his academic achievements unless someone asked him about it right away, and even then he would smile shyly and say that indeed a thing happened somehow. Every second of our life together I am proud of him.
He is an amazing parent: it’s not easy to go through lots of hard times with your kids suffering from the loss of their Mum, yet he did everything he could to comfort them and to protect them. His children are lovely and decent human beings, as smart and beautiful as him and their late mother.
He is that type of person you never are bored with: the amount of silliness he produces is worth a book (or two, or three, or indeed a library): his cat is somewhat judgemental towards him for this.
When in the kitchen, he turns into an alchemist who would never add any ingredient just like that, but carefully measure and weigh it first (unlike me, who was taught to do everything “by eye”).
I have to admit that he manages to conceal his angel wings quite cleverly: I still haven’t found them, no matter how hard I try.
Happy Birthday, my precious darling, мой дорогой. You deserve each and every good word about you from this world.

No comments :

Post a Comment