Friday 10 May 2024

A couple of thoughts while reading this FT piece:
Only yesterday I came across a post made by a very respectable author of the horror academic community* who was invited to give a talk as a keynote speaker for a student writing workshop (or an event of a similar nature), but was forced to step down, because several people in charge of the event weren’t happy with his association with horror (mind you, those were NOT the people who invited him in the first place). As ridiculous and, quite frankly, offensive as it sounds, it’s somehow still not *that* surprising, as the very idea of horror being a frowned upon/ shallow/ para-literature-like genre seems to be prevalent in some scholarly circles, and I decided for myself not to waste my time and resources to prove those folks wrong witchcraft is better anyway
________________
* I will not publish his name as we are not FB friends: although his post was made public, I still think it’s the right thing to do

No comments :

Post a Comment