Tuesday 11 April 2023

I remember once, after coming home from school where I was bullied (kids didn’t like me overall), and my parents had a discussion on the matter.
Babushka said that it’s time to change school, although it would be hard for me to adjust to the new class in the middle of the year. “Besides,” she said, “where is the guarantee that it all won’t continue?”
Dedushka was very angry at my attackers and wanted to protect me.
Mum said, “You must finally learn how to defend yourself. You don’t need them as your friends: they will never be. Don’t try to seek validation from pathetic nobodies: they would feel your weakness and try to devour you.”
Dad kept silence. Then he said, “diplomacy might work I guess.” And added: “...but if not, never submit: fight no matter what.”
...It’s a good thing to keep in mind.

No comments :

Post a Comment