Thursday 11 January 2024

Susanna Clarke and Alan Moore in Conversation (a virtual event held by the British Library; En)

Two great English writers participated in a podcast held by a British Library host: I was a bit late to the party, yet finally managed to join the conversation launched by the British Library between two fantastic authors, Susanne Clarke and Alan Moore. Very wholesome!

A few little excerpts from the conversation that I managed to catch shorthand:
“I tend to like old Weird books, like David L. Lindsey... I recently read Piranesi.” (Moore)
“I was working at one of the Forbidden Planet shops near Covent Garden and once I bought one of Alan’s books: it was Watchmen. [...]. It was quite extraordinary.“ (Clarke)
“My new book is about to be released in autumn.” (Moore)
“My new book will be about Bredford. Because who would not like to read about Bredford?..” (Clarke)

...That was lovely—thought-provoking, reflective and deep without being preachy.


No comments :

Post a Comment